Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat Rest API tokens

Ankit Jaishwal May 23, 2016

Hi Team,

The authentication used in HipChat rest API calls uses different tokens (e.g. Administer Group, View Group etc) with different scopes for different API calls. Is there any specific single 'Token' which can be used for all the USER related CRUD operations.

Awaiting reply.

Thanks,

Ankit.

7 answers

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2016
0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

Sorry, I don't know off hand.

0 votes
Ankit Jaishwal July 25, 2016

Hi Bob,

I have created an Add on in my HipChat admin account, i need to generate an OAuth2 token for it to use Rest APIs and perform the various CRUD operations. I am not getting any concrete link to generate the same for my add-on. most of the places i found mention of Capability descriptor, but i am not able to find that anywhere in the UI. Could you please help me in this regard. It will be of great help.

Thank,

Ankit.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

The HipChat CLI doesn't have an action to generate a token. You need to generate a personal V2 API token through the UI and once you have that, then the CLI can do various CRUD like operations acting as that user.

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2016

Hi @Ankit Jaishwal, judging by you question and the conversation bellow this tool from @Bob Swift [Bob Swift Atlassian Add-ons] might be helpful: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.hipchat.cli/cloud/overview .

0 votes
Ankit Jaishwal May 24, 2016

Hi Damien, 

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I went through the page you provided but I couldnt get much info from it.

As per this this Link , we can get a personal access token which has access to all the API's available to you, for all scopes. But on click of the  personal access token link (in the documentation) it is redirecting to the normal "API Access"  page of my account where i can create access token only based on specific scopes.

Kindly help me if I can get any such token which has access to all api with all scopes.

Thanks,

Ankit.

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2016

Hi Ankit,

So, if I understood well, I think this page is more what you need smile

Damien.

Ankit Jaishwal May 24, 2016

Hi Damien,
Thanks for your immediate reply.
But somehow i am not able to use the given URL(to generate the token) correctly.
I tried : https://api.hipchat.com/v2/oauth/token?grant_type=personal&username=<myUsername>&password=<myPwd>
But i am not having any luck.
Could you please help me with this.

Thanks,
Ankit.

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2016

Hi Ankit,

The user name to generate a token on behalf of. Only valid in the 'password' and 'client_credentials' grants.

If think for use the params "username", you must choose another grant_type smile

Damien.

0 votes
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2016

Hi Ankit,

Have you seen this page?

Best regards, Damien.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events