Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat MSI Version - HipChat-4.30.3.1672-win32.msi

Jason March 21, 2018

Hi

Any ideas where I can get this latest version?  I keep getting calls from users who are being asked to Install update or Skip this version.

Once again the link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYSNwju9S9rQj_gLhjPHVzbCHQ9a16ZxsOdyfHlXtkhkc39Q/viewform is behind and not the latest version.

So I can't push an update out automatically.

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hi, Jason.

The Release Notes mentioned that the latest version is 4.30.5.1672 while the link points to 4.30.3.1665, which is older. As we are moving towards the direction of Stride, there has not been any recent development on MSI as far as I know. Can you confirm if you are on HipChat Cloud or Server / Data Center for now?

Jason March 27, 2018

Hi

It is HipChat Cloud. 

While I appreciate you maybe moving toward Stride, at this point in time we are NOT.  Let me quote from your site “Starting soon, we will begin to upgrade all Hipchat Cloud teams to Stride. Hipchat Cloud will continue to work as it does today until your team upgrades to Stride.”

It doesn’t appear to be working as it did, it keeps asking my users if they want to upgrade their version of Hipchat.  Something they will keep getting because you haven’t provided an MSI.

Thanks

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hi, Jason.

Thanks for feedback. According to the dev team, they are not releasing an MSI for this version as it only updates the licenses and does not update functionality. 

So, I would recommend you to skip the version for now. If you have any further concerns about this, please let me know so I can share them with the team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events