Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat Initial Administrator Sign in not working

Bill Hurt November 17, 2015

After the server was deployed, I logged into the initial install wizard. 

I set an initial username to an email that doesn't actually exist, because duplicating that user, and my user that actually exists in Active Directory got me locked out of my last attempt at this. 

So I set my initial admin to user@notarealdomain.com and my password to a known password. 

After I completed the wizard, I try to log in using that username and password, but the login fails. The server just reloads the login page without doing anything. 

I haven't set up AD integration yet or anything and this user still doesn't work.

No I have TWO HipChat servers that I'm locked out of! 

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Hurt November 17, 2015

It was actually faster to just destroy the server again and start over. I used my real address and this time it worked for some reason. Thanks. 

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2015

Hi Bill,

I'm not sure why it's locking you out (the steps you detailed seem pretty straight forward), however please file a support ticket at support.atlassian.com so we can hop on a screen-share and go over it with you.

Alternatively, you can email us at server-support@hipchat.com and that will file a ticket also.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

umesh gowda September 21, 2017

I have downloaded the hipchat server trail version to evauate. Idid setup everything when i access the webconsole default userid and password admin and password hipchat is not accepting. what is the initial setup userid and pas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events