Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat Desktop Client Restoring closed 1-on-1 chats

Dan H April 18, 2018

I am running the HipChat (Version 4.30.1.754) desktop client on my Macbook Pro (10.13.4) and every morning 1-on-1 chats that I have closed the previous day are reappearing in under "People" I have conversations with. I verified that I'm not the only one in my organization that is having this issue. I also verified that I am on the latest version of Hipchat. 

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issues, and what steps you took to correct it. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2018

Hi, Daniel.

Did the problem continue to persist even after you tried to clear the preferences of the client?

Also, does it happen only on 1-1 chats? How about rooms?

I'd be interested to know if this is a client specific issue. Please let me know how it goes on your end.

Dan H April 20, 2018

Hi Ahmad,

I followed the steps on the link you provided and it did not help. The 1-on-1 chats are still persisting. This issue only happens for 1-on-1 chats.

I also noticed that whenever I open the Android app on my cell phone it is doing the same thing. I have already tried clearing the cache and data from my phone, but the issue is still persistent. 

Thanks,

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2018

Hi, Daniel.

I have been trying to replicate the same issue on my end using the same environment. No joy so far. 

1. Do you have any additional information that you can share on how you reproduce the issue on both Mac client and Android mobile client?
  2. What about web client? Does it exhibit the same issue too?
  3. Are you on HipChat Cloud or HipChat Server / Data Center? If server / data center, which version?

It might be possible that the autojoin preferences was not updated properly before you quit the app, causing the old ones to re-appear again when you launch it the next day.

Dan H April 25, 2018

Hi Ahmad,

It appears that the closed 1-on-1 chats get reopened whenever I open the HipChat App on my Android phone. It magically open the close conversations in the app and then instantaneously update the desktop app (for OS X 10.13.4 (17E199)) and the web client. However, there have been times when I have not opened the app on my phone and the closed 1-on-1 chats still open on the desktop client. 

We are using the Hipchat Server: 

Atlassian HipChat 2.2.8 (2018.01.15.142149)

Would you to provide a little more insight into where I can check the autojoin preferences and what they should be? 

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2018

Hi, Daniel.

The command that you can use to check the autojoin preferences will be the following:

redis-cli get "pref:autoJoin:<user_id>" | jq .[].name

Where the <user_id> is to be replaced with your user id.

The reason why you are seeing the rooms updated in the desktop and web client is due to the sync of session to ensure consistency across all platforms that you are on. 

Have you tried to do the reverse instead (desktop / web client first) and see if the same issue is observed as well as often?

It could be a bug though I have yet to have the chance to reproduce it on my end so far.

davy
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2018

Hi Daniel,

The problem you are experiencing is indeed related bug on 2.2.8 (and 2.2.7)

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-3792

This bug was fixed with Hipchat Server 2.2.9, so an upgrade to 2.2.9 should fix it.

Best Regards,

Ryans

Dan H April 26, 2018

Hi Davy,

Thanks for pointing that out. We upgraded our server today and it appears to have resolved the issues. 

Thanks,

Daniel

0 votes
Dan H April 26, 2018

Upgrade to Hipchat Server 2.2.9

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events