Hipchat Data Center Install beginer

Hi,

My company has 40 employees, we're using confluence, jira and jira service desk all self hosted. Now I'd like to install hipchat data center.

I never installed hipchat data center, and I am not sure what is better solution VMWARE or AWS.

Our employees are localized in Italy (center and nord of italy), so small region.

If I choose AWS what are the requirement for AWS account EC2. ? t2.medium is enough or I must buy t2.2xlarge ?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Dec 26, 2017

Hi Stefano,

It is up to you which platform to choose, I will be happy to help if you have specific questions about deploying on VMWare.

As far as AWS, based on the AWS deployment options for Hipchat Data Center on Deployment options and sizing guidelines for Hipchat Data Center it looks like the large AWS servers are needed for the database server and each node.

AWS deployments can be expedited by using the instructions on this page: Deploy Hipchat Data Center on AWS:

If you're deploying Hipchat on Amazon Web Services (AWS), you can use these instructions to quickly provision and configure a highly-available deployment using AWS's CloudFormation template language. The template sets up hosts and services, configures their network, installs the Hipchat Data Center AMIs, and connects the cluster.  You can then connect to the cluster to configure optional features. 

Thanks,
Ann

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

366 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you