Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat Android Notifications

Sean Kidder October 6, 2016

My company extensively uses Hipchat and overall I'm satisfied with the service - but the Android client has a severe weakness.

When I get an alert on my Android phone from being called out in a multi user room or reached out to 1-1 - tapping the alert opens the app but does not go to the room or chat associated with the alert. But, responding to the alert clears the notification from both the mobile and web client so now I have to search to find what the alerting message/room was - an annoying waste of time.

I hope you are going to fix this issue soon. My company is merging with another company and we are jointly evaluating our messaging and communication platforms - this is the main issue that makes me less willing push hard to Hipchat in the combined companies.

1 answer

1 vote
Sara Dubuque
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2016

Hi Sean, 

Your notifications on Android should take you to the 1-1 or room where you were mentioned when you tap them - what you're experiencing definitely isn't the expected behavior for notifications and I totally see why you would find that frustrating. 

I would suggest double-checking that your Android app is updated to the most recent version of HipChat from the Play Store and if you're still experiencing this, we'd really appreciate any additional information you're willing to give us so we can track this down. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-1822

Thanks! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events