Hipchat Android Notifications

My company extensively uses Hipchat and overall I'm satisfied with the service - but the Android client has a severe weakness.

When I get an alert on my Android phone from being called out in a multi user room or reached out to 1-1 - tapping the alert opens the app but does not go to the room or chat associated with the alert. But, responding to the alert clears the notification from both the mobile and web client so now I have to search to find what the alerting message/room was - an annoying waste of time.

I hope you are going to fix this issue soon. My company is merging with another company and we are jointly evaluating our messaging and communication platforms - this is the main issue that makes me less willing push hard to Hipchat in the combined companies.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Sara Dubuque Atlassian Team Oct 06, 2016

Hi Sean, 

Your notifications on Android should take you to the 1-1 or room where you were mentioned when you tap them - what you're experiencing definitely isn't the expected behavior for notifications and I totally see why you would find that frustrating. 

I would suggest double-checking that your Android app is updated to the most recent version of HipChat from the Play Store and if you're still experiencing this, we'd really appreciate any additional information you're willing to give us so we can track this down. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-1822

Thanks! 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

241 views 1 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you