Hipchat Active Directory sync

antonin May 2, 2017

Hello,

I'm new to the Hipchat and it's integration (any integration) with Active Directory.

Keep getting "error 32" during retrieving users

Test retrieve user : Failed
org.springframework.ldap.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-03100238, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of: 'OU=kcg_cz,DC=kcgcorp,DC=eu' ]; nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-03100238, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of: 'OU=kcg_cz,DC=kcgcorp,DC=eu' ]; remaining name 'CN=administrator,OU=kcg_cz,DC=kcgcorp,DC=eu'

My Active Directory looks like: Domain Name: kcgcorp.eu, Organizational Unit(i need to sync with): kcg_cz but the administrator is placed in "Users" container.

What do I need to put in BaseDN, Additional user DN, additional group DN so that Hipchat could login as administrator from Users container and then perform a search inside Organizational Unit?

Many thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2017

The user that is used to connect to LDAP does not need to be in the scope of the search, it just needs the permission to search the Active Directory. Usually, adding the user to the Account Operators group will do the trick.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events