Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat AMI running behind ELB - Issues with emoticons and file transfers

Simon Pole May 20, 2016

Hi,

We have HipChat running behind an ELB in AWS.

The ELB port forwards all necessary ports to HC server. The ELB has our certificate installed and preforms SSL termination. Our CNAME DNS is stored in Route53.

HC server host and domain name are configured to be the external DNS name which points to the ELB.

This setup worked for us for many months until a recent upgrade, which could just be a coincidence. When users now connect they can chat happily but transferring files results in file not found errors and no emoticons are displayed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Simon Pole May 20, 2016

Hi Will,

Yes that's how I think its currently configured. See screenshot .

This is driving me nuts as it was working finescreenshot_03.png

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2016

Try to specify the following in port 80 directive (HipChat's nginx site configuration for 000-web in /etc/nginx/sites-available/000-web & /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/000-web) and restart the server (sudo reboot):

include includes/files-site;
Simon Pole June 16, 2016

That worked!! Thanks!!

CorpIT June 23, 2016

@Simon Pole I'm running a similar setup but I'm having issues installing any integrations from marketplace. How did you get HC server to listen to port 80? I currently have my ELB forwarding https traffice from 443 on the elb to 443 on the instance.

0 votes
wdehaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2016

Hi Simon,

Have you tried terminating SSL at HipChat Server instead? Forward TCP ports 443, 5222, 5223

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events