HipChat video quality configuration, sim. video and desktop share,

Can I configure lower quality of video to make it more stable? It seems, that hipchat's video stability is much worse comparing to other tools (e.g. skype), maybe because of too good picture quality?

Can I see (e.g. in separate windows) video from camera and shared desktop at the same time?

2 answers

0 vote
Michael Rey Atlassian Team Dec 15, 2016

Hello Ryszard,

Currently this is not an option in HipChat, however we do have an existing request open for this and are taking it under consideration for future work. 

This issue is about high CPU usage. I have an I7 CPU talking to I5, so the stability of connection (if there is autonegotiation based on bandwidth) should be high. But in my tests (different networks and participants) it is not. How should I look for possible reasons ?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

470 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot