HipChat server installation locally

I'm looking for a chat software for my organization which helps my employees to chat and share their files (images / video / audio) to each other through their mobiles phones.

It should be a private chat not public like WhatsApp, I mean chat server should be installed locally.

Just for your knowledge I've gone through:

• Lync (file sharing is not available for mobile devices)
  • Big Ant (same issue of file sharing)
  • etc (same issue of file sharing)

I just came to know about Hip-chat software and I've gone through the feature it's speaks to me, but my question is, can I installed chat server locally in my company

Any idea would be highly appreciated

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello,

HipChat server is in beta for a while.

The chat features are at eyelevel with the cloud version now, including push notification, but some features that might be usefull for integrating it into the local IT infrastructure are still missing. Atlassian is heavily working to improve it.

Atlassian ships the HipChat server as an virtual machine, running on VMWare, VirtualBox and Amazon Web Services. They seem not to plan to offer an installer that can be run on your own OS. But - I think - that makes perfectly sense.

If you want to participate in the beta visit https://www.hipchat.com/server

I personally think, HipChat is the best chat solutions for companies and teams.

Best regards,
Steffen

HipChat offers file-sharing on all platforms including IOS and Android

In HipChat server all files are stored on you local server.

It also offers 1:1 video chat and screen-sharing, though we use Zoom for video-meetings, screen-sharing and webinars.

We used local Jabber servers of various kind, tried some cloud services like Slack, Google and Skype and have some customers that use Lync. HipChat was the best of all. With the local HipChat server we can fullfill our compliance requierements and that of our customers.

- Steffen

Thanks Steffen

Actually we'r currently using whatsApp, but we want to get rid of it because all data is on public server we want to use on local server. Lync is very good, but the only shortfall is its not providing the file sharing option for mobile users.

Do you know any other software which solves my problem, I'll be really thankful to you.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

237 views 1 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you