Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat.room.create populating given parameters?

Angelo Pengue Test May 30, 2016

Hello,

In addon.js in the public/js directory of a HipChat template project (atlas-connect), I'm trying to call:

$('#create-room-private').on('click', function () {
    var roomName = currentUser = HipChat.user.getCurrentUser(
      function(err, success) {
        if (err) { $('#show-users').html('cannot get current user'); }
        else { $('#show-users').html(roomName); }
    });
    HipChat.room.create(roomName, "", "private");
  });

It does indeed show the create room dialog on the client, but the room name, topic, and privacy is not populated.

I have tried using a string literal as the room name to isolate it to only the .create call, but the behavior does not change.

My goal is to be able to create a private room and use the existing suggestions in the create room dialog to invite other users. Else I'd have to store all users with a backend API /user call and implement the suggestions manually.. 

Am I not using the javascript API correctly or is it a known issue?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Patrick Streule
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2016

Angelo,

There was a regression on our end that prevents the name and topic to show up in the room creation dialog. You can subscribe to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-890 to follow its progress.

You'll also need to change your code slightly: The getCurrentUser method doesn't return a value, but the user is passed to the callback. So you'd need to use something like:

HipChat.user.getCurrentUser(function(err, user) {
 HipChat.room.create(user.name, "", "private");
});

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events