HipChat notifications for new messages when Mac asleep

Hi

Is there a way to get notified via the Mac HipChat client when a message arrives while the computer is asleep or turned off? The messages are downloaded and viewable in the client, but the only way I can see that a new message has arrived is via the email notifications I receive i.e. there is no circle with a number saying the number of new messages from the person or group.

I don't check email often, so regularly don't find out when new messages have been received... many at my work are saying this is a limitation in HipChat - surely not???? Macs sleep when they are closed, so something that happens many times a day. I just arrived back from holiday and are currently going through my email to find out what HipChat messages I have received... seems crazy....

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Evan Michner Atlassian Team Aug 18, 2016

Hi Duncan,

You can follow this ticket for progress updates again this project! https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-308

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 19, 2018 in Hipchat

Moving from Hipchat to Stride? Here’s what you’ll love

Heya, Hipchat friends! We’re so happy you’re checking out   Stride. Whether you know it or not, you have been instrumental in making Stride come to life. Every feature, design, and functionality...

16,672 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you