Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat notification of pre-commit review without reviewers (draft?)

DigitalFish Admin November 13, 2017

Our review workflow: Pre-commit, author notifies the team of an available patch, and one of the team members self-selects to perform the review.

I don't want to invite everyone on the team to each review due to the email notifications throughout the review workflow.

I want everyone to get notified of the available review, but only receive more notifications if they choose to join the review. Ideally, via a HipChat notification.

A 2012 topic had what sounded like an email solution for this by putting a group email address into "invited reviewers", but I don't see such a term in Crucible, (just actual Reviewers). Using group email is okay if we can't do HipChat, but I need to limit it to one email per review.

Is there a way? Do I need to write an add-on to get pre-commit info to HipChat? Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
DigitalFish Admin November 17, 2017

I have my own provisional answer:

Our team email list, set up as a Crucible user, is the default reviewer. Creating the review notifies the list.  The self-selected reviewer removes the email list "user" and adds themself. 

I've also logged in as the team user and turned off most notifications in its profile.

Two caveats: 

Using the crucible.py script, we start without objectives and the review is in draft state(?). Going to the web page and entering objectives does set the review state and notify the list automatically. But if you aren't quick about entering your objectives, the email goes out without them, perhaps triggered by an autosave while the Edit Details view is open.

We'd like to notify the list that the review was completed. We have to manually do this by addressing a Share message to the list.

We'd still like HipChat/Stride integration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events