HipChat: notification in team rooms for @here vs personal mention

We have a lot of channels and individual teams use @here periodically and mention my name now and then.

When someone @mentions me I don't get the email notification my name in a channel, since I am logged in ... just not actively monitoring the channels. 

I do not actively monitor each room and it seems like any hints like the room name are bolded whether @here or personal mention.

Returning to HipChat from a meeting from focusing elsewhere I may have missed to pop-up from a personal mention or @here.  The rooms names are highlighted both for @here or personal mentions.

Any ideas on how I can basically ignore the @here and yet be more aware of my name being mentioned in team rooms?

Thank you!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Edwin Ho Atlassian Team Sep 18, 2017

Hi Andy.

At present, rooms will have notification counters by the room name and will be bolded in blue when anyone uses @mentions to your name or @here. You have the options to set room notifications to "Quiet" however using @here will highlight the room as what you're seeing.

image.png 

Good news however, Stride will only highlight the rooms you have been mentioned (with "Quiet" settings) when it's available.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Edwin

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

420 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you