Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat licensing

Admin December 3, 2015

Hello.

Does the licensing of users has to do with the concurrent connections, or with the total number of users from all directories?

Thank you.

Regards

Ksenofon Ougrinis

2 answers

0 votes
Tasos Panagis December 3, 2015

Dear Samuel,

first of all thank you for your quick response. I would like to explain a scenario that I have in mind to clarify how the licensing will work.
We have around 100 users in our domain, but only 10-20 of them will be using the call/video services from Hipchat. The rest will only require chatting and file sharing which I understand is provided by the free version.

Could you please let me know how that works?

Thank you,

Tasos

Samuel Le Berrigaud
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2015

We don't have different type of users. So if you need the call/video feature it will be enable for all your users and you cannot discriminate.

0 votes
Samuel Le Berrigaud
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2015

The number of users of the licensing corresponds to the total number of users with a HipChat account. So the total numbers of users from all directories if you use the directory integration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events