HipChat integrations behind Proxy

I am running HipChat behind firewall and proxy. Our system can't access internet directly (meaning it's behind a proxy) this is solved in upgrade phases by adding proxy lines to the upgrade. However Integrations can't be connected this way. So how do I add a proxy that HipChat understands on it's own server setup. My HipChat is reachable through reverse-proxy to 443 and 80 ports but sadly we can't tell HipChat anyway that it's supposed to proxy outgoing traffic through x proxy. 

Any Ideas? Do I need to open a ticket of this? Any advices?

3 answers

1 vote
Arbi Dridi Atlassian Team May 09, 2017

This is now available in Beta via:

hipchat labs proxy ...

For more information, check-out HipChat Labs.

My answer for this was add HipChat to NAT configuration in the network gateway so it can reach internet. 

This is not an good answer though.

Unfortunately, the "https_proxy" environment variable is currently not supported for outgoing calls to add-ons, as far as I can tell. You could open a ticket for this issue with HC Server Support.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

458 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot