HipChat download incorrectly signed (?)

Ruud Laanbroek February 22, 2016

Something is wrong with the download for HipChat for Windows version 4.0.1626.

If I try download it in IE 11 on Windows 10, I get an error telling me that the signature is corrupt or invalid.

Chrome lets me download it, however when I try run the installer, Windows won't let me, telling me that Windows Smartscreen prevented an unrecognized application from starting.

Could you please fix this?

I could force installation anyway but I don't want to. I mean... it could indeed be a risk if for example somebody put a hacked version on your download server...

Regards,

Ruud Laanbroek

4 answers

1 vote
lizwinks February 22, 2016

Hi @Ruud Laanbroek, 

We are in the process of fixing this issue. Microsoft is no longer recognizing our old certificate, so we are replacing it with a new one. We'll push an update as soon as it's ready. 

Thanks for reporting the issue. 

~Liz

0 votes
Ruud Laanbroek March 11, 2016

Well... thanks for replying so soon.

And thanks for fixing it so quickly.

And thanks for letting me know that a fixed version is available, decently versioned now too.

Not.

0 votes
Ruud Laanbroek February 28, 2016

This is taking extremely long... why?

Can't be that hard to get a new certificate and build a new release...

What's also very disappointing is that the bad download is still here...without warning or explanation or whatever... you are wasting a lot of people's time...

It's also rather unhelpful that there is no versioning,,, I can't even see if there's already a new version available... I have to try... and try... and try... more time wasted....

And it's rather impolite or even rude to not answer...

0 votes
Ruud Laanbroek February 23, 2016

Okay, I understand. I hope it will be solved soon.

It would have been nice to have had a warning on the download page though.

Would have saved a lot of people a lot of time I guess.

Regards,

Ruud Laanbroek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events