Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat and Google Drive - No storage places connected?

Amy Karpati September 21, 2016

I installed the Google Drive integration to HipChat and signed into Google, but when I click on Google Drive in HipChat, under "My Places" it says "No storage places connected."  When I hit "Add your first place," then "Add Google Drive," it goes back to the same screen that says, "No storage places connected," and again gives the option to "Add your first place."  Any thoughts how to access my Google Drive from HipChat?

1 answer

0 votes
Nelson Pereira September 22, 2016

Hi Amy,

Are you using Windows 7 or 8? There is an issue that sometimes may prevent the HipChat desktop app to launch the webBrowser. The add-on needs to open the browser to connect your Google Drive account. Please try to open the browser, open the HipChat webApp https://www.hipchat.com/sign_in open the Add-on and connect Google Drive. Now you can go back to the desktop app and try to use it. It should work. 

This issue will be fixed soon.

Amy Karpati September 23, 2016

That worked perfectly.  Thanks so much!

Nelson Pereira September 23, 2016

I’m happy it worked! smile

We will fix that really soon.

Pong Bautista September 26, 2016

Hi Nelson, does this work in Windows 10?

I'm having the same issues. I cant access my files or even point to a storage.

Would you know if I missed out a step in this integration?

Nelson Pereira September 26, 2016

Hi Pong, maybe the same issue as Windows 7, 8. We are working on that as we speak. But, can you try the same solution? Use HipChat WebApp (in the browser) to connect the Google Drive add-on. And then go back the the HipChat Windows app. It should work.

Michael Blaut September 28, 2016

Hi,

I have the same issue with Windows 10. I have added my account in the webapp but I can't access any files. It always says "No storage places connected" while stating at the bottom: | Logged in as XYZ.

The same issue occurs with Topdox and OneDrive.

Nelson Pereira September 30, 2016

Hi Michael,

We found the bug and we are working on it. Soon we will release an update. For now, please try to use HipChat in the browser to see if it works.

Michael Blaut September 30, 2016

Hi Nelson,

unfortunately not. It's the same thing in browser and app...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events