HipChat and Confluence

consueloS September 7, 2017

Hello, I am new to HipChat so my apologies if my questions are trivial...

I am using Confluence Server and I integrated it with HipChat Cloud. 

Now I am not sure if everyone who is already a user of our Confluence is automatically recognised as a user of HipChat too, or if I need to "invite" all of them. I have 2k users registered and most of them coming from different domains and it would be quite annoying to have to write all of them.

The other thing I wanted to ask is: I see that there is no way to see HipChat inside Confluence https://community.atlassian.com/t5/HipChat-questions/HipChat-INSIDE-of-Confluence/qaq-p/608662; has anyone found some workaround so that I can show the room associated with a space on Confluence?

Thanks for your help!
Consuelo

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

Hello Consuelo,

The Confluence and HipChat user bases are not integrated, so you will need to invite or add the users manually to HipChat. If it helps, an alternative would be to use the HipChat API for this, creating a script to invite all users at once. See Create User in the HipChat API.

Regarding your 2nd question, there is currently not a way to embed HipChat inside another application. Have a look at Using HipChat and Confluence for a list of features which currently exist when integrating the two.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Consu September 11, 2017

Thanks Shannon! 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

You're welcome! Glad I could help. Let us know if you have any questions after reviewing those details.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events