HipChat and Confluence

Hello, I am new to HipChat so my apologies if my questions are trivial...

I am using Confluence Server and I integrated it with HipChat Cloud. 

Now I am not sure if everyone who is already a user of our Confluence is automatically recognised as a user of HipChat too, or if I need to "invite" all of them. I have 2k users registered and most of them coming from different domains and it would be quite annoying to have to write all of them.

The other thing I wanted to ask is: I see that there is no way to see HipChat inside Confluence https://community.atlassian.com/t5/HipChat-questions/HipChat-INSIDE-of-Confluence/qaq-p/608662; has anyone found some workaround so that I can show the room associated with a space on Confluence?

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

1 vote

Hello Consuelo,

The Confluence and HipChat user bases are not integrated, so you will need to invite or add the users manually to HipChat. If it helps, an alternative would be to use the HipChat API for this, creating a script to invite all users at once. See Create User in the HipChat API.

Regarding your 2nd question, there is currently not a way to embed HipChat inside another application. Have a look at Using HipChat and Confluence for a list of features which currently exist when integrating the two.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Thanks Shannon! 

You're welcome! Glad I could help. Let us know if you have any questions after reviewing those details.

Kind Regards,

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

470 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot