Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat Win 10 Skinny Scrollbars?

Dave Messer September 19, 2017

On a Windows 10 laptop, I have a user whose scrollbars are so skinny in the application that if they try to scroll with the pointer, they only get the horizontal pane resize pointer. The scrollbars are inaccessible. All other applications have normal scrollbars. They tried uninstalling and re-installing HipChat with the same results.

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
djg2002 September 29, 2017

I use a Windows 10 Dell XPS 15 (with touch screen) and it has the same problem.

I can just select it if I hover just to the left of the resize bar, seems the scroll bar is effectively 1 pixel wide.

No other applications on the machine have this problem.

KhurramK January 24, 2018

hipchat.pngThis is how it looks.  Please fix this.  I'm on the Microsoft Surface Pro.  It is a touchscreen but it is not running in tablet mode.  That scrollbar is about 10 pixels.  Should be atleast 3 times that size

0 votes
eho
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2017

Hi Dave.

By change, is your Windows laptop touchscreen applicable? My understanding of how touchscreen for Windows work is that scrollbars are generally thinner by design, as users can choose to scroll directly using the screen, or using external devices, such as mouse or mousepad to scroll pages up and down.

Other applications within Windows will see the same width of the scrollbar (or separator) as it is considered part of Windows system. 

Feel free to let us know if that's not the case!

Thanks.
Edwin

Dave Messer September 20, 2017

Thank you for the response. It is the case. It is a 2-in-1  HP Spectre. However, I have other users with the same system and HipChat has normal scroll bars. Also, other applications on that same laptop have normal scroll bars. 

Your suggestion sounds likely. But, I'm wondering why it is only HipChat on that one machine that has this symptom. 

Thoughts?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events