HipChat Web Client fails

I have a user who is able to login to HipChat via the desktop app, but when she attempts to login in via the web interface, she gets a spinning icon for a long time accompanied by a variety of cute messages indicating that it's taking longer than expected, and ultimately the message "Something's gone terribly wrong.  We've informed headquarters."

She has tried using IE 11, Chrome, and Firefox.

Any suggestions?

4 answers

We were able to resolve this by having the user go to the "Integrations" area in their user Profile page and removing all the "Personal Access tokens".  They were able to log in to the web app at that point.  This also resolved some login issues for Mac, iPhone and Android apps as well.

The Personal Access Tokens were re-created when the applications logged back in.

0 votes

Hi Tim, sorry about this problem. Can you please raise a ticket under https://hipchat.uservoice.com/ and we will help you out.

I'm curious whether this was ever resolved. I have a user experiencing a similar issue.

No; the user I was trying to help stopped responding to me so I ended up closing the ticket on our internal system and didn't follow up by providing Atlassian with the information they had requested. Sorry...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

481 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you