cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat Web Client fails

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2015

I have a user who is able to login to HipChat via the desktop app, but when she attempts to login in via the web interface, she gets a spinning icon for a long time accompanied by a variety of cute messages indicating that it's taking longer than expected, and ultimately the message "Something's gone terribly wrong.  We've informed headquarters."

She has tried using IE 11, Chrome, and Firefox.

Any suggestions?

4 answers

2 votes
Daniel McMurdo August 19, 2015

We were able to resolve this by having the user go to the "Integrations" area in their user Profile page and removing all the "Personal Access tokens".  They were able to log in to the web app at that point.  This also resolved some login issues for Mac, iPhone and Android apps as well.

The Personal Access Tokens were re-created when the applications logged back in.

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

No; the user I was trying to help stopped responding to me so I ended up closing the ticket on our internal system and didn't follow up by providing Atlassian with the information they had requested. Sorry...

0 votes
Ed Jackson August 12, 2015

I'm curious whether this was ever resolved. I have a user experiencing a similar issue.

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2015

Hi Tim, sorry about this problem. Can you please raise a ticket under https://hipchat.uservoice.com/ and we will help you out.

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2015

done

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events