It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

HipChat UI localization for German?

Hi folks,

I'm as a new HipChat user responsible in my company for the administration of HipChat. My collegues are not familiar to foreign language applications. Is there any way to switch the user interfaces language to german?

5 answers

Hi Markus,

I'm sorry but the UI of HipChat is currently only available in English. We have plans to provide translations in other languages in the near future. You can still communicate using HipChat in your local language.

Wish you the best,

Lucas Simon
Confluence/Crowd Support
Atlassian

I would like to join Markus here.
We want to introduce HipChat at our highschool (Bavaria, Germany), but most of the 110 teachers do not like the English GUI.
As an English teacher, (if this was an OpenSource Programme, this process would have startet some time ago) I would like to offer helping with the translation. 

Greetings from Bavaria

Hi Lucas,

thanks for your immediate response!

Let me know, when you will start the german localization. I might support the community with some GUI-translation.

Hi @Lucas Simon,

Any news on other languages support in HipChat? I would like to be able to use HipChat in Spanish

Any news from Atlassian regarding a multilingual HipChat? Currently, we are evaluating HipChat but a non-german UI might be a show stopper for us.

Is there any update on this Issue? We are also evaluating the Hipchat on Premise solution for a customer and need it in German. Thanks for your Feedback.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,536 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you