HipChat UI localization for German?

Hi folks,

I'm as a new HipChat user responsible in my company for the administration of HipChat. My collegues are not familiar to foreign language applications. Is there any way to switch the user interfaces language to german?

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Markus,

I'm sorry but the UI of HipChat is currently only available in English. We have plans to provide translations in other languages in the near future. You can still communicate using HipChat in your local language.

Wish you the best,

Lucas Simon
Confluence/Crowd Support
Atlassian

I would like to join Markus here.
We want to introduce HipChat at our highschool (Bavaria, Germany), but most of the 110 teachers do not like the English GUI.
As an English teacher, (if this was an OpenSource Programme, this process would have startet some time ago) I would like to offer helping with the translation. 

Greetings from Bavaria

Hi Lucas,

thanks for your immediate response!

Let me know, when you will start the german localization. I might support the community with some GUI-translation.

Hi @Lucas Simon,

Any news on other languages support in HipChat? I would like to be able to use HipChat in Spanish

Any news from Atlassian regarding a multilingual HipChat? Currently, we are evaluating HipChat but a non-german UI might be a show stopper for us.

Is there any update on this Issue? We are also evaluating the Hipchat on Premise solution for a customer and need it in German. Thanks for your Feedback.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

414 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you