Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat UI localization for German?

Markus Müller-Trabucchi July 28, 2016

Hi folks,

I'm as a new HipChat user responsible in my company for the administration of HipChat. My collegues are not familiar to foreign language applications. Is there any way to switch the user interfaces language to german?

5 answers

2 votes
Lucas Simon July 28, 2016

Hi Markus,

I'm sorry but the UI of HipChat is currently only available in English. We have plans to provide translations in other languages in the near future. You can still communicate using HipChat in your local language.

Wish you the best,

Lucas Simon
Confluence/Crowd Support
Atlassian

Jörg Thelenberg January 26, 2017

I would like to join Markus here.
We want to introduce HipChat at our highschool (Bavaria, Germany), but most of the 110 teachers do not like the English GUI.
As an English teacher, (if this was an OpenSource Programme, this process would have startet some time ago) I would like to offer helping with the translation. 

Greetings from Bavaria

1 vote
Markus Müller-Trabucchi July 28, 2016

Hi Lucas,

thanks for your immediate response!

Let me know, when you will start the german localization. I might support the community with some GUI-translation.

0 votes
b3nja May 22, 2018

Is there any update on this Issue? We are also evaluating the Hipchat on Premise solution for a customer and need it in German. Thanks for your Feedback.

0 votes
Bastian Schmelz April 4, 2017

Any news from Atlassian regarding a multilingual HipChat? Currently, we are evaluating HipChat but a non-german UI might be a show stopper for us.

0 votes
Tomas Girardi December 22, 2016

Hi @Lucas Simon,

Any news on other languages support in HipChat? I would like to be able to use HipChat in Spanish

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events