Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat Room name needs to be prefixed and user needs to be notified on creation of a Room.

Arijit Banerjee October 6, 2015

First Question:

When ever i create a Room from JIRA corresponding to any ticket it by default takes the Issue-key as Room name.I want that room name to prefixed with some custom text.Is that possible?

Second Question.

Watcher Reporter and Assignne should get a notification when a HipChat Room is Created for a ticket.Can it be done?

2 answers

1 vote
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2015

Hi Arijit,

1st Question:

I don't think the integration has that built in, but you may be able to programmatically rename the rooms using the API: https://www.hipchat.com/docs/apiv2/method/update_room 

2nd Question

Whenever a room is created, an popup jumps up that allows the person creating the room to invite users to the HipChat room, but I don't think this happens automatically because there isn't any logic in the integration that ties a JIRA user to a HipChat user to auto-invite them when the room is created. 

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

0 votes
Arijit Banerjee October 7, 2015

Thanks David, that helps.

Would like to also ask if there is any way by which we can two separate Room on click of Create room? For now when I click create room it creates one room with name as ISSUE-key(ABC-24).I want another room to be created at the same time with some other name which (XYZ_ABC-24).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events