In the current HipChat mac client, the opening of browser windows is inconsistent.
My particular machine is setup to use Chrome as the default browser. When I open link by clicking on them, such as with a Jira ticket, or a URL that has been pasted into a chat, the link opens in Chrome. If I right click on a word and choose "Open Link" it opens in Chrome.
If I double click a word, right click and choose "Search with Google" it opens Safari and performs the search there. I've seen this happen with other actions in the past, but do not recall the steps to reproduce.
Note: Choosing Search with Google in any other type of web based client always performs the search in my default browser. HipChat appears to be the only application I have with this behavior.
System info (though this has been happening for a while:
Seems like a bug.
...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs