HipChat Interface Foobarred by Sierra (MacOS) Update

My HipChat interface is screwy now, immediately following updating to MacOS Sierra from El Capitan. I tried reinstalling HipChat application. What else can I try? 

Screwy: the people and rooms on my list are not visible until after i point at them with the mouse, then when I minimize and restore the window, it starts over again. Text is not visible until I select it.  Several other display issues.

/Michael 

2 answers

Hi Michael,

What update of Sierra made this happen? Which version of HipChat do you use? Have you tried clearing your preferences?

From El Capitan to MacOS Sierra 10.12 on Mac mini (late 2012)

Version 4.28.0.716

I will follow resolution suggestions for clearing my preferences, get right back.

Forum rules prevented me from responding immediately. The forum rules suck, but I will take that up elsewhere. 

Clearing preferences and removing HipChat library references does not seem to help. The current installation is completely useless on this Mac. I'll be using the web interface for the meanwhile I suppose. I have heard from other Mac users that their application was busted, also, so I dont think it is just me. 

/Michael

Clearing the preferences worked for me. I think clearing Library/WebKit/com.hipchat.HipChat is what fixed it, but can't confirm

I have the same problem after updating from El Capitan to the latest Sierra

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

499 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you