HipChat IOS app documentation/product feedback?

Several iOS users have approached at random points stating that their mobile app randomly disconnects them from our Hipchat server. They are able to immediately log back in no problem, but after the 3rd/4th disconnect in a relatively short period of time, they finally start reaching out to ask what the problem is. We have not seen this issue with any of our Android users and this does not appear to be limited to one physical location.

Assuming this is the right forum, what information would you need to help diagnose this issue? If there is a better forum/site, please direct me there.

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 06, 2017

Please let us know:

• which version of HipChat Server,
  • which version of the iOS app
  • which models of phones are affected.

That might be enough to identify any known bugs with iOS connections, which I can do on this forum.

If I cannot find a bug report to explain it from that, Support will want to examine your server logs to see if we can spot any problems. That support contact will be via https://getsupport.atlassian.com, but this forum is the best place to start. Atlassians are lurking here but also experienced Atlassian customers and partners.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

510 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you