HipChat Discussions "no discussion yet" after board created

Ashley Jean September 10, 2015

It took a little work but I managed to associate a JIRA project with HipChat and even created a room for discussions from an issue (following the instructions here). However, there are 2 HipChat Discussions sections that display one says there's "No discussion yet" while the other allowed me to create a discussion and provides a link to the dedicated room. The former, I believe is the one that should display the discussion text. After some investigation I found that we have HipChat Discussions that I added as well as the ones that were added by Atlassian as part of our OnDemand instance. Is there something I've missed?

IssueView.png

1 answer

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2015

Hi Ashley, the top section that has "No discussion yet." is contributed by this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-hipchat-discussions-connect. You must have installed this plugin for your instance. The bottom section is contributed by the bundled plugin that you have configured by following the instructions .

Both plugins provide very similar functionality and the bundled one superseeds the old, unsupported plugin. We recommend uninstalling the old plugin to avoid the duplication and confusion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events