Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat 4 - resize of window not working?

Mark Scott December 1, 2015

The newest version of HipChat (4.x), while it looks much nicer - does not work for me and others on my team.
If I re-size my window at all - it stops responding. This re-size event could even be something like dragging the HipChat window to another monitor (different resolution).  Is it possible to provide a link to the previous - non 4.x version of HipChat until you get this worked out?

We're running either Windows 7 or 8.1 on top of iOS (running Bootcamp).

2 answers

0 votes
SG March 11, 2016

Atlassian could do much better here. Our company uses HipChat just fine for several releases, then Atlassian releases a new version of HipChat that crashes, and wants to blame that on customers supposedly outdated video drivers? When the previous versions of HipChat worked AOK? What about the many companies must follow a well-managed, cautious process for updating software/hardware and can't just do it immediately?

Furthermore, I did try updating my video drivers and that did not solve the problem where HipChat crashes the second I try to click on the app window edge to resize it. Can you at least provide more detail on why problems are happening with the "outdated" drivers?  What functionality in the "latest" drivers does v4 leverage?  A little more transparency and customer support would be appreciated.

0 votes
Ricardo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2015

Hello Mark

There could be an issue with the solution / video card settings or drivers being outdated. Please check out this article

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/HIPCHATKB/Windows+HipChat+client+crashes+immediately+on+launch

If you still have issues, you can download and run this older version

https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.hipchat.com/windows/HipChat-2.2.1395-win32.msi

Best regards,
Ricardo
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events