Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipCHat server: "Couldn't load HipChat"

Konstantin Boyandin November 15, 2016

HipChat server is deployed from AMI (HipChat Server 2.0.7 (2016.11.08.200718) (ami-2c6a483b))

Version: 

Atlassian HipChat 2.0.6 (2016.10.11.013406)

When trying to open Web interface to a room, I finally see "Couldn't load HipChat". Clicking "Try again" doesn't help. All configuration steps, including opening required ports etc are met.

How can I handle that? 

2 answers

1 vote
wdehaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

Hi Konstantin,

Is your DNS setup? SSH to the HipChat Server and run "hipchat network -t" to check. You can also trigger an audit and restart of services with "hipchat upgrade --restart"

Konstantin Boyandin November 16, 2016

Hi @WIll DeHaan,

Thanks for the response. Looks like I have a problem (server domain name replaced):

Warning: DNS failed to resolve hipchat.example.com to 172.30.3.18
Completed

I wonder, how I am supposed to handle this?

The mentioned domain name points (and should point) to actual external IP of the EC2 instance, otherwise no one can access the server on the Net. The above mentioned IP is internal instance IP address.

Konstantin Boyandin November 16, 2016

NB: I have added a line

172.30.3.18 hipchat.example.com

to the instance' /etc/hosts and looks like it did the trick, although the mentioned check still fails.

So I 'd still prefer  regular solution, rather that this 'hack'.

wdehaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2016

Please don't edit the hosts file, that will be promptly overwritten. 

Do you have a ticket open with HipChat support? server-support@hipchat.com

Strange that there's a version mismatch of 2.0.7 and 2.0.6.

Konstantin Boyandin November 17, 2016

Will DeHaan, yes, I've opened the ticket.

I will report AMI description version mismatch, as well. I understand that /etc/hosts change is volatile, but as a quick fix, it worked.

Thanks. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events