Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hip Chat Flashes Login & Closes

Elliot October 9, 2015

So I've installed on a bunch of Windows 7 Pro machines and they all work great except one.  I successfully installed the desktop client and when I open it, the login screen flashes and closes immediately.  It's not under processes in the task manager either. Any suggestions?  THX!

4 answers

1 vote
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2015

Hi Elliot,

Can you enable logging (you could create a shortcut with --logtofile option) from the client and raise an issue to us at https://support.atlassian.com/ so we can investigate this further?

Thanks.

0 votes
Elliot October 28, 2015

When I try to create the logotofile in the target area it tells me the file name is not valid?

0 votes
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2015

Hi Elliot, 

The first suggestion that I would give you would be to raise a new ticket with the HipChat team in our support channel: https://support.atlassian.com.

However, some good tests to do would be the following:

1. As you are using the desktop version, have you already tried to uninstall it and install again to see how it goes? Perhaps some information got corrupted.
  2. Check if the Web version would at least allow you to login.
  3. As it's happening only with one machine, can you try to change the user logged in or/and check how it goes with the system administrator?

Just some tips! smile

Cheers, 

Giu

0 votes
Elliot October 12, 2015

The problem is the login screen flashes and goes away right away so I don't have the ability to make this happen.

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2015

Yes, I realised that. You can use a 'logtofile' option for that (when the app fails to open): This will create a hipchatlog.txt in the running directory specified by the shortcut. - Create a shortcut for HipChat on your desktop - Right-click on the HipChat shortcut and choose Properties - In the "Target" field add --logtofile after the last quote - it should look similar to: "c:\<...>\<...>\hipchat.exe" --logtofile - Try opening HipChat again - Copy the log that shows up in the specified directory and attach it to a support ticket, along with the crash dump (the file would be something like this: C:/Users/<user-windows-account>/AppData/Local/Temp/xxxxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx.dmp?)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events