Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for Windows Hipchat client can't connect

Phillip Corchary August 2, 2016

In my business, which uses both web proxy and firewall that are run by central IT, I can connect to my hosted HipChat account and rooms fine from the web-client, but launching the Windows client fails silently on the corporate network. HipChat client works fine on public network, and on corporate VPN (no split tunnel).

After launching, I can find it running in the process list, but there is no UI window. I tried launching HipChat with --debug on the CLI but I didn't see any difference. I have not found anything in the Windows Event Viewer for HipChat logs.

Help? I'm  not even sure where to check next ....

Windows - Windows 10
HipChat - 4.0.1650

2 answers

1 vote
Phillip Corchary August 2, 2016

Actually, after completely uninstalling and reinstalling the Client, upon getting the new login screen, i see there was a link to configure a proxy. Unfortunately it's a hard config, not allowing it to follow the Windows setting.

So, I guess I solved my issue, but not in a very clean way.

2016-08-02 12_51_00-Clipboard.png

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

I wish I could provide more info but I had to leverage the proxy in order to get my client to work in similar situations. I don't have that windows computer anymore though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events