It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

HOW to Transfer from Hipchat to Slack?

Good Day, I am thinking since Hipchat will be closed by February 15, then im thinking of transferring to SLACK. but how am i gonna do that with my whole TEAM? is there a way for me to transfer my entire team on SLACK?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Oscar and welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear your planning out your migration to Slack. Some things to beware of with end of life of HipChat and Stride are as follows:

HipChat Data Center / Server installs will have support through the end of their license period.

HipChat and Stride cloud instances will have a February 15th, 2019 end of service date.

For Cloud products, the last day to export your data is March 15th, 2019.

For any additional FAQ, please see: https://www.atlassian.com/partnerships/slack/faq

As far as your migration goes, there is a guide to walk you through this migration process. You may find that guide at Migrate to Slack. Within this guide, they cover migration for HipChat Cloud, HipChat DC/Server, and Stride.

I hope the information provided above assists with any questions you may have along with guidance on how to migrate out of HipChat into Slack.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,207 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you