Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got logged out of Hipchat, can't log back in

Jessica Thompson June 6, 2017

I had HipChat opened on my Mac laptop. I clicked on the icon to chat someone, and it showed me "You have been logged out of your company's HipChat account." It then allows me to click on the link for "Log back in" or I can click "forget this account."

I click on Log back in. I log in with my password and click Log in. I then get taken to a screen that says "We're upgrading your login experience! Soon you'll be able to log in to any Atlassian Cloud app using a single account. To help you prepare, we need you to confirm your account by entering the Atlassian account password for your email address. Once confirmed, you'll use this to log in to HipChat." I type in my password again and click Confirm. I then get an "incorrect password" message.

I've tried resetting my password. But all that does it have me reset my password and then when I attempt to log back in, I have to sit through a few verification security images that seem never-ending. It will ask me to click on boxes with street signs over and over again, or ask me to click on photos with cars until all the cars disappear. It will have me repeat these over and over again. Then when I finally am able to log in, it tells me that the system has to send me a verification email. That email never comes. Instead, I just get reset password emails. If I click Verify anyway, it tells me that my email address is not verified.

Help!

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

HipChat support can see in their system that you changed your password but we can't explain why you still can't log in. I created a support ticket on your behalf; you should see the notice shortly. I am sure Support can get you logged back in.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2017

From the support ticket, it looks like this was the result of our migrating your HipChat account over to Atlassian account. I wanted to share with the Community the steps that were provided to get your account synced:

1. Navigate to https://id.atlassian.com/login
  2. Login with your Atlassian account credential (if you are not sure what is the password, please use this link to reset: https://id.atlassian.com/login/resetpassword)
    If you can log in with the credential on Atlassian account, please proceed with next steps
  3. Go to https://www.hipchat.com/sign_in and enter your HipChat credential
    You'll be asked to sync your HipChat account with Atlassian account
  4. Enter your Atlassian account password from the steps 1,2
  5. We'll then sent you a confirmation email to your inbox
  6. Check your inbox, spam or outbox and click verify to verify your account
  7. You should now be set and you can log into HipChat using Atlassian account credentials.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events