Getting problem to configure Hipchat datacenter

below is my error

---- Begin output of mount -t nfs4 -o rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,hard,timeo=600,retrans=2 192.168.1.117:opt/atlassian/hipchat /file_store/shared ----
STDOUT:
STDERR: mount.nfs4: Connection timed out
---- End output of mount -t nfs4 -o rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,hard,timeo=600,retrans=2 192.168.1.117:opt/atlassian/hipchat /file_store/shared ----
Ran mount -t nfs4 -o rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,hard,timeo=600,retrans=2 192.168.1.117:opt/atlassian/hipchat /file_store/shared returned 32
^[[0m
================================================================================^[[0m
^[[31mError executing action `mount` on resource 'mount[/file_store/shared]'^[[0m
================================================================================^[[0m

^[[0m
Mixlib::ShellOut::ShellCommandFailed^[[0m
------------------------------------^[[0m
Expected process to exit with [0], but received '32'
---- Begin output of mount -t nfs4 -o rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,hard,timeo=600,retrans=2 192.168.1.117:opt/atlassian/hipchat /file_store/shared ----
STDOUT:
STDERR: mount.nfs4: Connection timed out
---- End output of mount -t nfs4 -o rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,hard,timeo=600,retrans=2 192.168.1.117:opt/atlassian/hipchat /file_store/shared ----
Ran mount -t nfs4 -o rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,hard,timeo=600,retrans=2 192.168.1.117:opt/atlassian/hipchat /file_store/shared returned 32^[[0m

below is my hipchat selfcheck statu:

Redis Validation
- Connection - ✓
- Authentication - ✓
- Write - ✓

Database Validation
- Connection - x, Failed to connect
- Authentication - NA, Could not validate, resolve other issues first
- Max Connection - x, Cannot SHOW max_connections.
- Table - x, Failed to connect

Nfs Validation
- Connection - x, Port 2049 is not opened
[Errno 111] Connection refused

Share Validation for root user
- Write - ✓
- Read - ✓
- Delete - ✓

Share Validation for root user
- Write - ✓
- Read - ✓
- Delete - ✓

As per my knowledge , NFS is pending from my side. Can you please tell me how to do NFS share location.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance,

Prashant

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

The ova that they ship (3.0.1) doesn't seem to support 'nfs4', only 'nfs' (I found this out the hard way).

I got past that error with:

sudo dont-blame-hipchat -c "vim /hipchat-scm/chef-repo/cookbooks/nfs/attributes/default.rb"

and changing the last line to 'nfs' instead of 'nfs4'.

After the next few errors though I just went with the AWS stack option (which wasn't without it's own hiccups).

So I think my initial response here was wrong - I'm guessing the nfs share I was working with was only nfs3 and my googling for the error message led me to believe it was a client side issue.

I've since blown away my environment - can you check on yours to see if it was nfs3 or nfs4?  

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, Prashant.

Thanks for reaching out.

I could notice from your logs that you are experiencing some issues in your instance mainly related to the connection from HipChat Datacenter to the NFS File Server (as you pointed) and to the Database.

We recommend that the HipChat Data Center Installation should be performed with the following documents as reference:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatdc3/deploy-hipchat-data-center-907350423.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatdc3/deploy-hipchat-data-center-manually-909770912.html

Also, please make sure about the configuration requirements:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatdc3/configuration-requirements-for-hipchat-data-center-deployment-907350433.html

Although we could be exploring some options on this topic, we have raised an internal support ticket to make sure we are supporting you through the HipChat Data Center installation in the best way possible. You should already have in your inbox information sent by one of our analysts.

Again, thanks for reaching out.

Best regards,

Allan Oliveira

Atlassian Support.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

413 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you