Filter to only show online users in Hipchat

Travis Lusk October 3, 2014

The latest version of Hipchat seems to have removed one of the best functions of the old version where you could filter to show online users at the top of the list in the Lobby.  Now you cant.

In large orgs such as mine, this is a challenge.

Is there any way to filter users by status?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2014

Unfortunately, there isn't a way in the current version of the OS X client to sort by status in the Lobby - everything in that view is sorted alphabetically.

As a large org ourselves (here at Atlassian), we've found that using the "New chat" button (CMD+N) is much faster than going to the lobby to perform most actions.

Travis Lusk October 6, 2014

Well, that's a pretty big oversight in this version. It was available in the previous version, and should be brought back. There's no value in an alphabetical list of folks in the organization. You should be able to filter to just the folks that are online. Or have them sorted to the top.

Kawika Ohumukini November 9, 2014

I agree. Big shortcoming of a good app. Every chat client I've ever used allowed me to hide logged-off users. When I'm in a room for a hot issue, the last thing I care about is who isn't there to help. Please fix this.

Thomas Jones August 9, 2016

We're evaluating HipChat to see if we should buy a site license.  Has this been fixed yet?

Seeing a list of online users on our teams is critical (and a function of every enterprise IM system I've ever used, including AIM, ICQ, Lync, and Yahoo).

A massive alphabetic list of every account is useless, especially when we have to click page after page and scan for the tiny colored dots to see who's online.  Is this clutter all HipChat can provide?

Sandra Lüderitz-Korte November 21, 2018

Is this fixed already? I still can't find a button to show the online users only (or to hide the offliners). This would be very helpful, all the other suggestions (chat rooms etc.) do not work for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events