Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluating hipchat small data center, can i install the redis/postgres/apache2 into the hipchat vm?

Alexander Brossart May 11, 2018
Evaluating hipchat small data center, can i install the redis/postgres/apache2 into the hipchat vm?

Everytime I replace the sources.list it gets reset and so I can't get external packages. Very frustrating that the evaluation version can't come functional.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2018

Hi, Alexander!

Hipchat Data Center requires a separate environment for the data stores. If you'd like to try Hipchat without having to configure these externalized data stores, you may try Hipchat Server instead:

Hipchat Server Release Notes

Cheers!

Alexander Brossart May 13, 2018

I would request the documentation be updated to say it's not possible instead of simply implying you need multiple nodes. If you can go through the effort of making one ova file for the demo why can't you make an already configured second that has the other node components and is already configured to work... its rhetorical.

My organization has strict rules about security and configuration changes. The boot scripts and neutering done to this ova make it unusable. Trying to configure it to use a mirrored internal ubuntu repo works until you reboot and then it resets the source.list and nukes a bunch of the changes you made prior. If we for some reason go this route, is it possible to get just the installation resources so it can be installed on a vm that hasn't been designed by a sadist?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events