Error occurs when opening the HipChat UI

We just deployed the OVA image of HipChat and try to open the UI as :

https://mmhipprdapp01 ( where mmhipprdapp01 is the hostname ) but failed as :

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_group() on a non-object in /hipchat-scm/web/application/controllers/application.php on line 1049

we rebooted the server but still the same. Can you help ?

Thanks

Louis

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

It looks like you aren't using a fully-qualified domain name (FQDN), which is required in order to setup HipChat Server. 

I would recommend reviewing /var/log/chef.log to confirm the setup did not encounter an exception. If not, then configuring the domain may resolve the issue. If you login to the server as the admin user, and issue:

hipchat network --show

you can confirm what is shown for the domain, but it seems it might be null. You can update it by issuing the command:

hipchat network --hostname mmhipprdapp01 --domainname example.com

(replacing example.com with the FQDN of your choice)

Please check out the doc on deploy HipChat Server for additional details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/hc/deploying-hipchat-server-609944387.html

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

385 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you