Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emoticon @4x, @3x, sizes in chat?

Luke McDonald February 10, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Fun with emoticons

When I upload an emoticon I see a @4x, @3x, @2x, @1x. How do I post the different sizes in my chat?

3 answers

1 vote
Joshua Moran June 21, 2018

I'd like to see this feature happen too. I was under the same impression that bigger emoticons can be used :(

Ryan Lemos June 23, 2018

+1

1 vote
Ryan Lemos June 6, 2018

Has there been any update with adding a feature to increase emoticon size, ...eg, "(smileyface)@3x" ?

Has any heard or seen anything on this?

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2017

The various @#x sizes when uploading emoticons are used for display on various screen pixel densities, rather than actually showing the emoticon at different sizes.

For example, the @2x version of the image is used on most mobile devices to show a higher resolution version of the emoticon (but at the same visual size, so it looks "sharper"). Likewise, @3x and @4x versions are used on progressively more dense screens as appropriate. 

Sigfredo Mendez October 13, 2017

This still doesnt answer how is it used? do you type "@4x"? then (emoticon)? please explain as this is not clear

crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

These sizes get used automatically based on the pixel density. Emoticons will always display (in visual terms) at the size of the @1x version on your screen, but may have higher resolution based on whether or not your viewing them on a high-dpi screen. The fact that they display at different visual sizes when uploading is just a way to indicate whether there will be high-dpi versions of the image available after you upload.

Bhavin Acharya November 3, 2017

Hi Christopher,

This feature would be very good if we can have setting to send emoticon as per user's choice. We are using Hipchat for our internal collaboration and it is very annoying by seeing in @1x size. please develop this good feature.

Thanks.

Jason Lockhart December 5, 2017

I agree with Bhavin.  This is pretty unusable for computer based HipChat because the emoticons are so small.  For instance, if I want to use a gif file that is visible, I have to either upload an attachment or use "Sassy."  Would be great to just have bigger emoticons.

Vitalii December 13, 2017

+1

Chris Karlsson February 9, 2018

+1

叶攀 July 3, 2018

+1

Adrian Towery August 15, 2018

+1

Niclas Heitz (NHZ) FR-501 September 14, 2018

+1

Frederik Dussault October 19, 2018

+1