Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does HipChat support tags?

Christian Roth March 2, 2017

I intend to use HipChat (also) as a leightweight info sharing system of info snippets that have a relatively short lifespan, i.e. where tracking in JIRA or Confluence is overkill and too time consuming.

Example: People working in turn on a set of documents. When I find an error in some document that I am not allowed to modify in content, I'd like to post my finding like so:

11:15  Document #mydoc1 has a #structure error in exhibit ref 2

and some time later

13:04 #mydoc1 also uses the wrong font #layout

Now, someone else in the room would at 16:40 start processing mydoc1 and would like to check if someone has already found errors in them, so they would filter their room messages by tag #mydoc1 and additionally e.g. by #structure, if they are only interested in found structure errors (but not #layout errors).

Is this possible in HipChat?

1 answer

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2017

HipChat doesn't currently support tags like you described, but you could try implementing it in an ad-hoc fashion via search. For example, search for "#mydoc1" using the search box in the upper right of the client will give you all the previous messages in the room that have that text in it.

Making tags a more "first class" concept is something that's been on our plate of potential improvements for a while but hasn't yet made it to our actual roadmap. You can check out a user-filed suggestion at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-449 and watch/vote/comment on it to receive updates about any changes in progress. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events