Does HipChat room message automatically refresh?

I am using the Mac Client Version 4.29.0.732 and having an issue with an active chat room that some old messages not show when scrolling up.  My situation would be when I was on the top of the chat, I already see the date and gray line separators.   This would make me think that the messages show below those separators are already up today.  This turns out to be false positive.  If I wait longer, there will be more messages populated below the date separators.  This is kind of confusing for a user to know if there is actually content there or should it be automatically refreshing while scrolling up without that extra 1-2 sec wait to see if there are more messages coming thru?  My suggestion would insert those date separator correctly when there is no more offline content needs to load from your server.

1 answer

0 vote

This is currently the intended behavior of the date headers. We always show one at the top of chat so that you can quickly see the date that you're looking at. The side effect, like you mentioned, is that it's not always clear when there is additional history available in the same date.

It's certainly a behavior we may reconsider in the future, so your feedback is helpful in figuring out the best option. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Mar 26, 2018 in Hipchat Data Center

Migration of Hipchat server to Data Center - a retrospective

...able to use the clients After a bunch of testing (rooms, memberships, check for private message history, and most importantly - the custom emoticons!) nearly everything was looking as we needed, however...

439 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you