Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does HipChat room message automatically refresh?

Alan Leung April 20, 2017

I am using the Mac Client Version 4.29.0.732 and having an issue with an active chat room that some old messages not show when scrolling up.  My situation would be when I was on the top of the chat, I already see the date and gray line separators.   This would make me think that the messages show below those separators are already up today.  This turns out to be false positive.  If I wait longer, there will be more messages populated below the date separators.  This is kind of confusing for a user to know if there is actually content there or should it be automatically refreshing while scrolling up without that extra 1-2 sec wait to see if there are more messages coming thru?  My suggestion would insert those date separator correctly when there is no more offline content needs to load from your server.

1 answer

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2017

This is currently the intended behavior of the date headers. We always show one at the top of chat so that you can quickly see the date that you're looking at. The side effect, like you mentioned, is that it's not always clear when there is additional history available in the same date.

It's certainly a behavior we may reconsider in the future, so your feedback is helpful in figuring out the best option. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events