It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Do community license holders get a license for Slack?

Hello,

I still did not deploy HipChat in our servers. Are we community license holders entitled to get a Slack license as well? I would like to optimise my time and directly start with Slack, if possible.

Best regards,

Maria

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephanie_Grice Community Manager Jul 27, 2018

Great question. Here's a link that goes over Slack's offering that is similar to our community license offering: https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/204368833-Slack-for-Nonprofits

Thank you Stephanie!

Good morning,
We have a comunity license with Atlassian.
I have tried to get a non profit license at Slack, however it didnt work as planned
I have registered our foundation at techsoup, seems to be the company they work with for such cases and everything was fine.
but today they sent me an email saying "Thanks for applying for Slack for Nonprofits.

I'm sorry to say that it appears your organization doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria (https://get.slack.he…204368833-Slack-for-Nonprofits) for the program at the moment.

According to our research, your organization is categorized as a Private Operating Foundation, which isn’t eligible for Slack for Nonprofits at this time."

Is there anything Atlassian can do to influence that decision? I understand it is not possible to get the non-profit license right now, but could you please try and harmonise the non-profit criteria with them so your non-profit customers are not affected by their criteria? In my opinion anyone that has a community license at Atlassian, should directly get a non-profit status with them. Otherwise your community holders are left without any chat option.

Thank you for your understanding and best regards,
Maria

P.S. I'm copying this also in the mean thread

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,208 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you