Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect stale connections Hipchat server

Ron Jacob April 26, 2018

Hi 

I am using Workaround #3 to disconnect stale connections by each user

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-3734

Is there anyway to disconnect all connections at once for all users ?

Regards

Shivi

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2018

Hi, Ron.

To clear off every session for all users on HipChat Server, please run the following command:

for key in `redis-cli KEYS '*' | grep -iE "session|^mobile:"`; do echo "Deleting $key"; redis-cli DEL $key; done

Let me know how it goes for you.

Ron Jacob April 30, 2018

Hi Ahmad

I want to delete all sessions from all devices not just mobile

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2018

Hi, Ron.

The command provided should delete all sessions which includes desktop, web, and mobile. Can you run it on your HipChat Server terminal / SSH console to confirm that it works?

geomecon May 25, 2018

Dear Ahmad,

your line works like a charm! Thanks so much. Afterwards, everyone needed to close their HipChat app once and load again, but then status worked as expected.

We had the issue that everyone was always online, since there were at least five sessions for everyone and we could remove only some sessions in the Group admin. Not sure why they were there in the beginning, but your line solved it (at least for now). Thanks again.

Best,

Carina

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2018

Hi, Carina.

You are most welcome! Happy to know that it helped. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events