Disabling HipChat Website Entirely Edited

Due to the recent security breach with HipChat and the fact that we no longer use HipChat internally management have asked me to shut down our HipChat website entirely. We have cloud JIRA/Confluence and there are 52 system addons associated with HipChat for JIRA on our instance which don't appear to be able to be disabled. Is this in fact possible or is HipChat intergration baked in to the rest of JIRA? 

3 answers

1 vote
Shayne Covey Atlassian Team May 09, 2017

Hi Christian,

The HipChat for JIRA and HipChat for Confluence addons are actually a part of JIRA and Confluence, respectively.

The presence of these addons does not inherently represent any connection to, or existence of, a HipChat site for your organization - they're just the pieces used to integrate between JIRA/Confluence and HipChat if you choose to do so.

I hope that helps!

OK that's good to know - the only thing is is that we used hipchat in the past so we have a companyname.hipchat.com address. Is there any way to shut down that URL?

Shayne Covey Atlassian Team May 09, 2017

You can.

We'll need the 'Owner' of the HipChat account to file a support ticket at https://getsupport.atlassian.com/ to request that the account be shut down.

Typically the 'Owner' is the person that initially set up the account for your company at hipchat.com.

Thanks Shayne - have submitted a ticket now. Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 14, 2018 in Hipchat Cloud

Hipchat Cloud and Stride End of Life: Just over 90 days away

Earlier this year we made the difficult decision to discontinue our team messaging tools, Stride and Hipchat. The end of life date for Stride and Hipchat Cloud is quickly approaching - February 15, 2...

471 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you