Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting / Editing Messages and Files in Hipchat App

Phil Lochner June 21, 2017

How do I edit and delete messages in the Hipchat App for OSX and Windows?

How do I delete file attachments in rooms or in 1 to 1 conversations?

Yes, I am an admin.

No, I do not want to use the browser version to do this. I want to exclusively use the App.

From what I'm reading it doesn't appear to be possible from the App. You can't fix a single typo nor remove files that people clutter up a room with after days of passing screenshots around?

While we're at it, how do you remove Integrators from a Room after you've added them? We've added several to screw around with but now we don't want them cluttering up the Room.

I think the product is great and we've evaluated many alternatives, and this inability to delete files and edit simple typos in the App is what is holding us back from further evaluation.

1 answer

0 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2017

Hi Phil, 

At the moment it's not possible to delete files and messages directly in the client. It's necessary to access the web application to do this. More information regarding the process on how to delete messages and files, feel free to check https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchat/delete-messages-and-files-751698289.html documentation. 

Regarding the integrations, they cannot be removed directly in the client as well. However, you can be redirected to the room's integration page from the client by clicking in "Integrations" under the room's settings. Once you're redirected, you'll be able to select the integration and click "Remove" so the app can be uninstalled.

We appreciate your feedback!  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events