Alice Vloerbergh October 24, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2016

Please allow me answer this inquiry. 

Deleting messages and files shared in 1-to-1 chats

1. Log in to HipChat in your browser and go to the People tab.
  2. Click the name of the person with whom you've had 1-to-1 chats.
  3. Click View your chat history with (their name).
  4. Search or browse for the message or file you want to delete.
  5. Hover over the message or file, then click  on the left.

Note: Messages or files are not immediately removed from the view of the person if they have a 1-to-1 chat open with you. After they leave and join the chat again, they will no longer see the message.

Kind regards

Jonas

Blake Perdue February 2, 2017

This is a pretty lame solution to this problem.

You need a "purge all history" button for 1-1 conversations. The feature could require that the second party also agree to the purge.

But, it's unrealistic to think we are going to go through our 1-1 conversations and delete each message one at a time to delete the full history.

And paying companies WANT to delete these 1-1 conversations as they hold a lot of sensitive company conversations, that if ever leaked, would be extremely damaging and embarrassing. 

This is a must-have feature. I've talked with my CTO and chief counsel and they agree. They should be reaching out to your accounts team to discuss the need for this feature.

Moira Meyers August 3, 2017

I agree with Blake and sooner the better. We are a growing compamny with 55 users and each user cannot login and and "Hover over the message or file, then click  on the left."

We have a hipchat user that is no longer with us and a new user has recently come onboard with the same name and has all the old users chats.  

Must have a pruge all chats feature.

Thank you!

Moira Meyers August 3, 2017

Actually just personally tried to remove the old chats following your instructions and I see chats from August 27, 2014 - January 30 2015. It will take me hours to individually delete all the chats...

Cheers!

Carl August 8, 2017

yes please!!

Probernator February 18, 2018

Any further update on this? Any delete chat history functionality available yet?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events