Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create/get descriptor url/document for my own Add-On in Hipchat

Ankit Jaishwal July 26, 2016

Hi,

I have created my own Add-On under integrations tab .

I need a descriptor document for the same, but I am unable to find that. 

As per this link it says "Anytime your add-on is installed by a user, HipChat creates an OAuth client, and sends information about the installation to your add-on via the method you declared in the "installable" section of the capability descriptor. You need to save this information, as it will be required to make calls to the HipChat REST API"

But while installing my add-on i did not get any info on OAuth client or any capability descriptor.

Request to get resolution for this issue.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ankit.

1 answer

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2016

Hi Ankit,

Sounds like you are trying to develop an add-on for HipChat and you have previously used Build Your Own wizard. The best way is to follow a tutorial like this or in general, have a look through the list of tutorials we have

For your first add-on I would definitely recommend using one of the frameworks that we provide, rather than trying to implement your own from scratch.

What add-on are you trying to build?

Ankit Jaishwal July 26, 2016

Hi Anatoli,

Thanks for your reply. But I am actually looking to get the OAuth2 token to make REST API calls for my addon which I added using Build Your Own wizard

As per this link, to generate a Add-On token : "construct a POST request to the token URL, using HTTP basic authentication (with the OAuth ID and secret as the basic username and password, respectively)" But I dont have Any OAuthID and secret (for the basic authentication) for my Add-On. And it seems these are required to generate the OAuth2 token as per the further instructions on the given link.

It would be of great help, if you can provide any suggestions on this.

looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Ankit.

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2016

Hi Ankit,

The Build Your Own wizard doesn't actually create a proper add-on; it gives you enough functionality to send notifications to a room or react to webhooks. You can still use the token generated in the wizard to make sent-message REST API call (this token is restricted only to the send message scope).

If you want to make REST calls that require more than just send_message scope you would need to create a fully fledged addon. You can follow a tutorial it will actually explain the concepts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events