Confused about accounts (Hipchat/Atlassian Accounts)

KMP August 17, 2017

I just had to get into the HipChat web UI to administer our team, and I was asked to link my Atlassian account with my HipChat account.

Usually, these kinds of requests are a Good Thing, but I'm wondering about this.  My primary question is whether I was asked to link accounts because my address is already registered for an Atlassian account, or whether there is a plan to make people move from HipChat accounts to Atlassian accounts in general.  

I'd prefer, of course, not to burden my team with having to deal with more overhead.  We have a lot of people who don't have any idea what Atlassian is, and don't use any tools other than HipChat.

I apologize if this was covered somewhere in the documentation, or perhaps a blog entry, but I couldn't find an article that explains this... thanks for any info on the topic!

1 answer

1 vote
Mick Wilson August 17, 2017

Greetings,

The plan is to progressively upgrade all HipChat Cloud accounts to have a linked Atlassian Account. In most circumstances, once this link is completed the users of the cloud product won't notice changes to their login experience. HipChat login screens will stay the same, for example. 

More info is available at this link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/the-upgrade-to-atlassian-account-873871204.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events