It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence HipChat Integration login issue

I have hipchat account as administrator. I am trying to setup integration. It prompts me to login to hipchat then tells me my email. Everything is correct but keeps giving me message and I am not able to get Confluence space connected

Invalid email and/or password!
If you recently joined your HipChat and Atlassian accounts, try logging in with your Atlassian account credentials.

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Apr 10, 2018

Hi, Janet.

A couple of questions that I would like to ask:

• Do you have an account on HipChat Cloud or HipChat Server / Data Center?
  • Is your Confluence instance deployed on Cloud or BTF (server / data center)?
  • Which option did you chose when you integrated your Confluence with HipChat?
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 10.35.17.png

That will give me a better idea on the problem that you are running into.

Thanks Ahmad, I setup acct by going thru confluence admin menu Hipchat integration, so cloud I guess.

we have server confluence

chose connect hipchat, not using server.

thanks

David Maye Atlassian Team Apr 11, 2018

Hi Janet,

Thanks for elaborating. If you open up a web browser, and navigate to your HipChat instance (for instance such as https://mycompany.hipchat.com) and log in, do you get the same error (invalid name/password)?

Additionally, please also navigate to id.atlassian.com and log in with your credentials and see if that allows you to do so.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server/Data Center Support Engineer | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,199 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you