Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence HipChat Integration login issue

Janet Buckley April 10, 2018

I have hipchat account as administrator. I am trying to setup integration. It prompts me to login to hipchat then tells me my email. Everything is correct but keeps giving me message and I am not able to get Confluence space connected

Invalid email and/or password!
If you recently joined your HipChat and Atlassian accounts, try logging in with your Atlassian account credentials.

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Hi, Janet.

A couple of questions that I would like to ask:

• Do you have an account on HipChat Cloud or HipChat Server / Data Center?
  • Is your Confluence instance deployed on Cloud or BTF (server / data center)?
  • Which option did you chose when you integrated your Confluence with HipChat?
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 10.35.17.png

That will give me a better idea on the problem that you are running into.

Janet Buckley April 11, 2018

Thanks Ahmad, I setup acct by going thru confluence admin menu Hipchat integration, so cloud I guess.

we have server confluence

chose connect hipchat, not using server.

thanks

David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

Hi Janet,

Thanks for elaborating. If you open up a web browser, and navigate to your HipChat instance (for instance such as https://mycompany.hipchat.com) and log in, do you get the same error (invalid name/password)?

Additionally, please also navigate to id.atlassian.com and log in with your credentials and see if that allows you to do so.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server/Data Center Support Engineer | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events