Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client notifications are not working on mac for Hipchat

Sona Muthuvijayan August 9, 2016

Hello,

I am running HipChat for mac, version: Version 4.25.0.683. I do not get any client notifications (no sounds or bouncing icon in the dock). My OSX version is 10.9.5 build 13F1096. In the HipChat preferences, I have all the notifications checked, bounce till I notice, and loud setting for rooms.

The HipChat version is the latest and have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling hipchat, but this has not fixed the issue. Any help is much appreciated. 

Thank you,

Sona

8 answers

0 votes
Seb Kouba March 28, 2017

How useful is chat without notifications? Come on Atlassian.

0 votes
Garry Anderson January 18, 2017

I have the same issue, HipChat ver 4.29.0.732, OS-X: 10.9.5 – notifications disappear from notification side-bar within seconds (less than 30), instead of reaming till rolling off at "x Recent Items"... I have it set to 20 for hipchat.

Changed to alerts, but when I click on one they all disappear.

This happens immediately after app start and continues, i.e. they never stay around

0 votes
Crispin Bennett December 15, 2016

I've submitted a bug report about this to Atlassian at https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/32

0 votes
Chris Simpson December 15, 2016

I was able to get the app working properly on OSX 10.10.5, now running HipChat ver 4.29.0.732.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I launch HipChat at start up.  In order to get notifications working I have to Quit the program entirely then relaunch it manually.

I can't be sure if that method is actually the fix, or if the most recent update did the trick. If HipChat doesn't update automatically, be sure to Check for updates manually.

0 votes
Sona Muthuvijayan December 15, 2016

It is really annoying and I keep missing messages from my colleagues. What does it take to get HipChat to look at this issue ???

0 votes
Crispin Bennett December 14, 2016

Likewise (no notifications):  macOS Sierra 10.12.1, HipChat  4.29.0.732

0 votes
Ashfaque Siddiqui November 10, 2016

I have the same issue. I work with a team that has a 10+ hour time difference, and it shows them online at the wrong times. Green when they are not really there. I don't receive notifications, the board doesn't get marked for the number of unread messages a lot of time, and I am missing information that the team has sent. 

On version 4.28.1.718 for macOS, my team is mostly on Windows and one person on Ubuntu.

0 votes
Chris Simpson November 3, 2016

I am also having this issue; Hip Chat version 4.28.1.718 running on OSX 10.10.5

HipChat launches at startup and is automatically hidden. I'll miss an entire day's worth of messages if I don't open the window - never a single notification.  Like Sona, all of the notification options are enabled.

If the app crashes and I have to reopen it, sometimes the notifications will work until the machine restarts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events