It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Clicking on image to create an image url?

I am used to being able to click on a screenshot or other image in a chat and that it would then open a new browser tab with a url that something like an amazon url? 

And then this was a roundabout method that I would use to drop images into an excel spreadsheet, because you can do a formula with url. 

It doesn't seem to be happening automatically right now, though. Is that still possible? 

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Sep 02, 2018

Hi there, Maggie.

Can you please confirm specifically if you are referring to the behavior of HipChat or Stride specifically? The expected action after a screen shot is clicked will be that the preview of the image will be shown in the client itself. For example:

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 08.53.45.png

Unless you are referring to the URL that gets generated on AWS, I believe that we have that  feature removed. You should still be able to get the URL through the Open Image in New Tab for HipChat only. I verified that this functionality is not available on Stride where the same steps will just automatically download the image.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,195 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you